SDSMA Center for Physician Resources – Health Leadership Institute
The SDSMA Center for Physician Resources HLI Foundational Leadership Program will be delivered over an approximate one-year period. An educational session will be delivered every other month, and in total six sessions will be delivered. The educational sessions will be facilitated and in-person. The sessions will be provided in two 3-hour evening sessions offered on two consecutive evenings every other month. Each educational session will build upon educational materials that will be provided by a national resource. During the daytime hours on the second day of each session, a facilitator will be available to work with individual participants to dig deeper into learning materials and to provide one-to-one executive coaching. The learnings from the two sessions will be continued through 90-minute Inter-session Learning seminar during the month between sessions and will focus on leadership projects and other topics designed to enhance learning.
HLI learning outcomes include:
1. Equip physicians stepping into or already in leadership positions with the necessary knowledge and skills to be successful in their leadership roles.
2. Learn the language of business to influence more effectively the healthcare system at the organizational level.
3. Transform/paradigm shift participants from a clinical role to include a systems view, and role of leader/patient advocate.
- Organization Type: Medical society foundation
- Categories: Physician Leadership
- Grant Size: $150,000
- Year: 2015
- State: SD