Kansas Health Information Network
The Physicians Foundation Interoperability Fund
In collaboration with the Connecticut State Medical Society, Medical Association of Georgia, Kansas Medical Society, Louisiana State Medical Association, Missouri State Medical Association, Medical Society of New Jersey and the South Carolina Medical Association, and the Kansas Health Information Network, the Physicians Foundation is promoting electronic health record interoperability by helping to reduce barriers to physician participation in health information exchange.
Health information exchange on a secure technology platform is the underlying utility required to compile and share information between disparate physicians and clinical facilities that share patients. Building this infrastructure is essential for the creation of a longitudinal patient record, the capacity to support alerting, analytics, effective patient engagement strategies, quality reporting, identification of health disparities and data extracts for alternative payment models and payers. The Physicians Foundation Interoperability Fund supports the establishment of this innovative technology platform by helping to defray the onetime interface costs for physicians and their practices in the seven participating states.
Physicians in participating states can reach out to the corresponding contact below for additional information:
- Connecticut – Matthew Katz at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Georgia – Ryan LaRosa at email@example.com
- Louisiana – Jeremy Lapeyrouse at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Missouri – Jonathan Smith at email@example.com
- New Jersey – Larry Downs at firstname.lastname@example.org
- South Carolina – Russell Calicutt at email@example.com
- Organization Type: Nonprofit
- Categories: Health Information Technology
- Grant Size: $500,000
- Year: 2019
- State: KS