VMS Education and Research Foundation
Growing Physician Leaders in Healthcare & Wellbeing
The Vermont Medical Society Education and Research Foundation (VMSERF) is a nonprofit charitable organization sponsored by the Vermont Medical Society (VMS) and organized exclusively for charitable, educational and scientific purposes. The purpose of VMSERF is to advance the public good by supporting educational and research activities in the field of health. VMSERF’s goal is to address Vermont’s otherwise unmet need for physician leadership development in the areas of health systems change and wellness, as well as to meet an ongoing need for peer support among Vermont’s physician leaders.
VMSERF will improve current projects to continue to build statewide cohorts of physicians ready to lead system transformation and wellness initiatives across Vermont. To achieve this goal the organization proposes three activities:
1) Vermont Physician Executive Leadership Institute Foundational Course. This includes proposes to continue a statewide Physician Executive Leadership Foundational Course in partnership with Maine-based, Hanley Center for Health Leadership, and Lumunos, a physician wellness organization located in Burlington, Vermont.
2) Statewide Physician Well Being Collaborative. This would involve partnering with Lumunos to recruit, educate, support and sustain two yearlong cohorts of physicians who are working to advance well-being initiatives in their practice setting and are interested in effecting system wide change. The goals of the collaborative are to: share local, state and national best practices in well-being; create a peer support network for leaders across the state in well-being; and design regional and state wide opportunities for clinician well- being.
3) Physician Wellbeing Presentations
. Physicians in Vermont desire to understand more deeply their own leadership styles and tendencies, to bring teams and projects together more effectively, to communicate more clearly especially around difficult leadership and management topics, to master the fundamentals of finance and business practices, and to skillfully lead change initiatives.
- Organization Type: Medical society foundation
- Categories: Physician Leadership
- Grant Size: $150,000
- Year: 2022
- State: VT